Friday, March 30, 2012

Lists 2012 #13 Favorite Quotes

I found this list a bit challenging too. I often read or catch a quick glimpse of quotes but never write them down and they don't seem to stick in my mind. Bible texts on the other hand are something I will write out and stick on my fridge and try to live by. Here are a few of my favorite Bible texts.

  • Phil 3:14-15. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
  • Eph 4:29. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful in building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those that listen.
  • Rom 12:11. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your fervor, serving the Lord.
  • Prov 17:17. A friend loveth at all time but a brother is born for adversity.
  • 1John3:18. Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
  • 1Thes.16-18. Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ.
  • Prov. 27:9. The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.
  • Ecc4:10. If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
  • Col3:23. Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
  • Matt 11:28. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
  • Luke 10:41-42. Martha, Martha, The Lord answered, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.

Most of them are reminders to me to stay focused on what's important. Luke 10 regarding Martha is something I struggle with lots. Perfectionism and trying to be in control of everything instead of enjoying the moment.

1 comment:

Tyler and Melinda said...

These are all great verses to work on daily with our words and actions, and our hearts. Thanks for sharing and encouraging me with these ones.