A Picture Thought: Last weekend we went to Pumpkin Fest at a local greenhouse. They had a petting zoo, horse and wagon rides, pumpkin pie and lots of games for the kids to play. The boys were actually quite timid of the animals. You can sure tell they aren't growing up on a farm.FOR TODAY September 30, 2009
Outside my window...
cloudy and +8. Really cool. They've been calling for rain last night, then this morning and now early afternoon. We have yet to see it.
I am thinking...
that I should take the boys for a walk/bike ride before it rains.
I am thankful for...
my great sister in law Trixie who I just talked to on the phone for an hour and a half. We have the greatest chats and I always end up smiling lots after our conversations.
From the kitchen...
I'm stumped. I have no idea what to make for dinner. Groceries are getting low and my creativity isn't there. Maybe BLT's...
I am wearing...
maternity pants that I have to keep pulling up and a teal long sleeved shirt and my black down vest. I'm still chilly though.
I am going...
to Bible Study tonight with my husband. We go to a mixed Bible Study every 2 weeks and we are studying a book called the Ten Commandments. We are on Commandment #9 " You shall not be a false witness against your neighbor." Duet. 5:20
I am reading...again...nothing. I do need to read more other than children's books.
I am hoping...
that things go better for Sam soon with me dropping him off at preschool. I was bragging about how great he was adapting to it and then the last few times he cried his heart out when we left him. He is always fine once I'm gone but he can really pull a number on me while I'm there. He likes going still but he wants us to stay with him. This morning was a bit tough because I left him crying and then we went to Women's Bible Study where I left Luke in the nursery crying as well. Why can't children see that these things are fun for them? Don't they want a break from me as well? I guess I shouldn't complain. Someday I will be wishing they want me around more or that they would be more attached to me. Sigh...
I am hearing...
treehouse on TV which has been on for far too long. The boys and I are going to go outside as soon as I'm done this.
Around the house...
upstairs windows to clean, kitchen floor to scrub, toys to organize etc. etc.
One of my favorite things...
lately a big bowl of chocolate icecream with sliced bananas and chocolate chips. Not at all good for me!!! Well the banana is.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Thursday and Friday will be housework days, library with the kids, maybe a playdate and a haircut and highlights for me. I can't wait for some pampering. I'm going to go for red highlights this time for a change. Could be interesting.
1 comment:
Enjoy the pampering!! I definitely need my hair cut and styled. Maybe a mom's afternoon out so Daddy and Samuel can do some boy things.
I do admit that I am an ice cream addict as well. We had banana splits tonight for dessert. I do miss my Farmers Monkey Tracks ice cream. What was your favourite kind? Remember those bike rides to the ice cream stand?
Happy house cleaning as well. It's got to be my least favourite thing to do around the house. Have the boys started helping you?
We're praying for Sam and the adjustment to time away. I'm already looking back at time with Samuel and wish I spent more time cuddling with him when he was so little. Maybe I'll have to come to Alberta and cuddle with your little one in the spring. ;)
Post a Comment