Thursday, October 8, 2009

Simple Woman # 9

FOR TODAY
October 8, 2009

Outside my window...
SNOW! Can you believe it? There is a good inch of snow on everything. It looks so pretty but I'm not quite ready for it yet. Sam still needs a snowsuit and all of the boys need winter boots. If they do make outside to play today it will be in their rubber boots!

I am thinking...
That I want to accomplish something today and feel productive. I plan to cut up old jeans into squares to make a denim rag blanket for Andrew's bed. Sam has one that I made already but I'd like one for Andrew too.

I am thankful for...
dinner with Mom last night while our husbands were working.(Ken's in Regina at a teacher's convention and Dad is driving the truck for beet harvest.) I'm sure most women can relate, getting through the day is fine as well as putting all the kids to bed on our own but dinnertime it sure is nice to have your husband around and to share your day with each other.

From the kitchen...
bread in the breadmaker, chocolate chip cookies in the oven, leftover macaroni casserole for dinner and homemade applesauce.

I am wearing...
jeans and a brown short sleeved shirt.

I am going...
to bundle the kids up soon and take them for a walk in the snow. It will probably be an hour of dressing them and undressing them and 20 minutes of walking but oh well. Fresh air is good right and we have to enjoy this snow before it melts.

I am reading...
a Todays Parent magazine

I am hoping...
that we have a fun day playing. Cousin Simone is coming for a sleepover tonight. Her Mom and Dad are away for a few days of relaxation. Can't wait to have a little girl around the house.

I am hearing...
the radio, Andrew and Sam playing lego and Luke getting impatient in his booster seat. He just finished his snack and wants out and the timer on the oven. The last of the cookies are done.

Around the house...
outdoor toys need to be put away as well as lawn chairs and the kids swimming pool. Bathrooms need cleaned Uggghhh. Beds still need to be made, a load of laundry or two.

One of my favorite things...
pumpkin pie with whipping cream at Thanksgiving.
a nice long uninterupted bath in the tub.
a massage.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Ken gets back Friday night, Simone will get picked up Friday night and Dwayne and Trixie arrive to Coaldale Friday night then swimming Saturday and get togethers with family, Sunday church and Thanksgiving dinner.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...(No pictures today, for some reason I haven't taken any for almost two weeks. )

1 comment:

Tyler and Melinda said...

You have a busy week ahead of you, but sounds like lots of fun.
Happy Thanksgiving. I keep forgetting about Can. Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll invite some friends over and have a special meal for a few of us. We don't know many Canadians here.
I totally agree about the pumpkin pie. I'll have to find some at the grocery store so I can make one for us...maybe even pumpkin cheesecake depending on how ambitious I'm feeling.