FOR TODAY
September 2, 2009
...Outside my window
Sunshine and warming up to 29 today, the summer has decided to arrive.
...I am thinking
that it's going to be a great week for me and the boys: Dad and Denise are here for a visit which usually means lots of playing, going to parks and great food.
...I am thankful for
my husband who has just started another year of teaching and has been really busy preparing for the school year. I'm always glad at the end of the summer when he goes back to school for the routine and structure but I'm already really missing having him around and it's only his second day back. The day feels really long when I don't get to talk with him whether it's on the phone or at home. I am a very lucky woman who gets to have him around for the summer and I'm so thankful for this.
...From the kitchen
tonight's menu consists of BBQ pork chops, baby potatoes with sour cream, fresh green beans and leftover Taber corn on the cob.
...I am wearing
denim Capri's that are getting snugger by the day and a black maternity tank top.
...I am going
to Hendersen Park after Luke's nap with Dad and Denise and the boys
...I am reading
a book called "Mom to Mom", it's a book designed to encourage mom's, it has lots of questions that all of us mom's ask ourselves...Am I what my child really needs?, How do I make good choices?, How do I love my child enough but not too much? It's a short book with lots of encouraging words and stories and Bible text that help you out as a mom.
...I am hoping
that we can do some fun stuff this week and that the kids are well behaved(meaning Luke...)
...I am hearing
Andrew and Nana making birds out of play dough. Dad's heading out for a Tim's coffee and Luke and Sam are both having a nap.
...Around the house
2nd load of wash going, van needs vacuumed, lawn needs whipper snipped, weeds in the back alley need sprayed, the list goes on and on but a lot of it is going to have to wait.
...One of my favorite things
lately taking the boys for walks/bike rides. Now I can hardly keep up to Andrew and Sam. I can rollarblade and push Luke in the bike cart, Bike and attach Luke in the bike cart or walk at a fast pace while pushing Luke in the stroller. Lots of variety and the boys are very excited to go.
...A few plans for the rest of the week
Haven't really decided yet, I'm running out of original ideas for my parents, they have been here lots over the years so they have seen so much already. If anyone out there has ideas please let me know.
3 comments:
Enjoy the time with your Dad and Denise. I'm sure just spending time with you and the boys will be all they need. It's always so special when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit. ;)
We're praying for you as you go through this pregnancy and for the precious little one developing in you. Can we see a picture of you? Miss you!
Corn maze? I know you and Ken have done it before, but it may be something new for your Dad and Denise.
I know they have a downtown farmers market???
Post a Comment