
It was a very big day for this little fellow today. He started preschool at Sam's old school. Again things happened very quickly when I decided to take Luke in for a speech assessment a few weeks ago and it resulted in this. A few people had mentioned to me lately that Luke was talking a lot like Sam which prompted the assessment. Sure enough Luke has a speech delay as well and they recommended putting him in right away. I cried the day he was assessed because I could hear it so clearly where as I hadn't noticed or was in denial prior to that. Some say what is the big deal, it's only two mornings a week but I really wanted my kids home until they went to Kindergarten. I am home, so I want to be with them and go to parks and on
playdates and birthday parties and have freedom to plan the day as we wish but that's not what's in store for us I guess. Since that day I have changed my tune a bit and realize that this is something that is good for Luke and he will have lots of fun and learn lots and make new friends. The government has great support systems in place for this sort of thing and I am grateful that I have help available that knows what they are doing. I'm also familiar with the staff from this preschool and the speech pathologist and the systems they have in place. After having a tummy ache this morning and being nervous about how it would go things were successful. Luke was very excited to be a big boy like Andrew and Sam and to have his very own school. He met a few friends today and hit it off with the staff. All my worry and stress for nothing. You can tell by his smiles first thing this morning that this was something exciting for Luke. After I left him this morning I shed a few tears yet again (blame
the hormones) that yet another one is growing up so quickly... and I left him in the teachers hands to care for. He's already looking forward to the next day so this is good!
1 comment:
Aw, Luke. He looks so happy and grown up with that backpack on. I'm sure I would be having those same feelings if my little ones were off to preschool and school many mornings a week. Big hugs Mamma. You're doing a fantastic job with all four of them.
Post a Comment