Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lists 2012 #8 - Questions I wish I had answers to.

  1. Will our boys all marry and will I like their wives?
  2. Why do 2 of our boys so far have speech issues and could I do anything different to help prevent this?
  3. Why isn't there more support and encouragement for stay at home moms and why isn't it praised more often?
  4. Will we ever move out of Coaldale? Ken switch jobs etc.?
  5. Will I always struggle with contentment and selfishness?
  6. What will communication be like in the future with all of this technology?
  7. What will our boys end up doing career wise?
  8. Why did my mom die?
  9. Why did God choose me to be Ken's wife and to move me across the country?

This list really had me thinking hard. Ken and I talked about it a bit as well and came to the conclusion that is better having some questions unanswered. God has a plan for each and everyone of us and it's best to trust in him that whatever path he leads us down is for our own good and has reasoning behind it. As hard as it is to not be in control it is for our better and it's actually a relief to leave it in God's capable hands.

2 comments:

Tyler and Melinda said...

I agree Shelley. Sometimes I think we'd be overwhelmed by the answer. It was interesting to read your questions. I've never thought about the first one, but it really is one to ponder. Thought provoking questions. Miss you and do wish we lived just a tad closer to one another.

Crystal said...

I needed to read your thoughts today! Why? is sometimes one that gets me all worried and I get frustrated when I know that He has it all under control and He has never, ever forsaken me. I think the world (which I guess is really the devil) can interfere with the peace and calm that we have with God. The questions I had about our children have been answered in a way that far surpassed anything I could have planned for them - well, except for that 'living in the Maritimes' part :)) I often remember the scripture that says "now you know in part but someday you will know in full" - sorry I don't have the exact verse. I like that you and Ken discussed this too. ((( HUGS )))