Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

I started reading a great book that was given to me as a gift, and what a gift it is. Ann Voskamp is the author and it is called One Thousand Gifts. The idea is to show your gratitude to God in the everyday blessings you receive. In the meantime you experience more joy than ever discovering all of the amazing blessings that are right in front of you. I only started counting this week and I'm already finding it's hard to write everything down.

Here it goes,


  1. bug spray

  2. huge blue AB sky speckled with white fluffy clouds

  3. a friendly man in the grocery store who takes time to smile and chat to everyone despite how rushed we all are

  4. a helpful young employee who went above and beyond by putting the tube and tire together for Andrews bike

  5. a common occurrence. Ken calling me at 12:55pm (lunch break) to see how my day is going

  6. the smell of lilacs, fresh flowers and freshly cut grass

  7. a cute elderly couple grocery shopping together discussing their purchases

  8. friendly moms to chitchat with at the park

  9. caterpillars in a jar on our counter making a cocoon, soon to turn into butterfly's

  10. encouraging discussions in the front yard with my neighbor while we watch our kids play together

  11. hot bath and book

  12. watching little boys play soccer and trying so hard

  13. bike ride with the boys to see sheep, goats, turkey's and a lama

  14. a cute little Chinese boy who came running up to Luke, Isaac and I in the mall today and started jabbering to Isaac and kissed him on the forehead. Isaac just smiled away.

  15. 3 very excited boys to see their grandpa when he stopped by to drop off wood

  16. a new bright cheery apron

  17. 8km run in the sunshine and no bugs!

  18. late night heart to hearts with my best friend in the whole world (Ken)

  19. 3 snugly boys crawling into bed with us at 7am sharp and one in his crib jabbering away across the hall

  20. a strong healthy body

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Welcome to the community of counters! It's one of the best things I'm doing these days. It can change my attitude in a second - He blesses me more than I could ever imagine. Your list is great - full of family and springtime. I'm looking forward to reading as you count His grace!