Saturday, June 11, 2011

Teacher thank yous.




















The last few years I always wonder what to give teachers as a thank you for all of their hard work. Being married to a teacher gives me a whole new appreciation for these people who spend so much time with our children each day. They not only have the task of teaching them what's required to learn academically but also life skills. They are huge role models in our kids lives. They work on moral training, discipline, manners, listening skills, respect and so much more. It's hard to come up with an idea to express my gratitude. I decided that the kids should be involved in thanking them so we made flowers out of egg cartons and painted them. I picked up some vases at the thrift store and we put it all together. Andrew also drew a picture for his teacher, and I wrote down a conversation that him and I had about the highlights of Kindergarten. I then added a thank you card from Ken and I, and bought a $5 gift card to Tim Hortons. Ta da. Done. I think it's special to add a personal touch to a thank you gift and to let the teacher know how they personally impacted our child's school year. Now to get busy on Sam's teachers gifts. He had a speech therapist that came to our house weekly, a speech pathologist that worked with him bi-weekly and a main teacher in his class along with three aids. Yikes...that could get expensive. Good thing we eat a lot of eggs around here!












1 comment:

Pete and Mel said...

Ah Shelley, you're so thoughtful!