Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ladiesfest 2011

Isaac waiting for Mommy at the finish line.

Cheering squad plus Ken. Nothing is better then having family cheering for you at the finish line. Last year when Mel (Sis in law) and I ran it our husbands met us with the kids and two babies ready to be nursed. Crazy eh?


Here I come. 8km race finish line. This was the 4th time I ran this all women's race.

2007 - 44:19

2009 - 42:37

2010 - 41:53

2011 - 40:39

I was 19/669 women and in my age category( 30-34) 5/101 women.
How is it that I get faster the more kids I have? Is it from chasing all these boys around? Maybe it's from running away from Ken? He says it's from chasing him? Who knows...All I know is that I love running. I never imagined I'd be doing something like this at my age or even at all. I'm so addicted. I'm blessed to also have a husband who likes to be in good shape, as well as sister in laws and some great friends. We all motivate and encourage each other to test our limits and to go for it.


This is my BFF Tracy who I convinced last week to run this race. It was her first ever race and she did so awesome. I'm so proud of her! Based on her results and her feedback, it looks like we will be doing this together again.



She also has four boys and still finds the energy to run and work out. Surprisingly I feel great still, tomorrow (day 2) will likely be a different story!











1 comment:

breukelman said...

Oh Shelly, haven't checked you blog out in awhile, so tonite was the nite - took me awhile, but it was worth it....just love your blog, you're so inspiring. Also, congrats to you both on your great running accomplishment...so proud of you!!!
love to you all from Tracy's mom