Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Simple Woman



...a picture to share my thoughts on
This was taken almost exactly a year ago. I can't believe Luke is almost one. I was anxiously awaiting his arrival.



Thanks to my friend Mel's mom (Crystal) I'm going to try out this Simple Woman journal entry. I always love reading her blog and hearing what she's up to. Hopefully you will all enjoy hearing what I'm up and what is on my mind.


FOR TODAY: June 2, 2009


...Outside my window
The sun is shining, supposed to be + 20 today. I'm listening to the birds chirping and Sam and Andrew playing in the sandbox.


...I am thinking
that I have the best life ever being able to stay home with my kids and to not feel all the pressures that I used to feel at my management job. Usually my biggest decision of the day is what to make for supper...

...I am thankful for
our new play center. It keeps the boys entertained for hours.

...From the kitchen
Lunch for me and the boys.
Luke: bottle of milk, slice of bread, veggies and fresh fruit
Sam: cheese whiz bun, yogurt, fruit salad
Andrew: peanut butter/jam bun, yogurt, fruit salad
Me: roast beef bun, fruit salad
Dinner: BBq'd pork chops, pasta salad, garlic bread

...I am wearing
jean shorts, navy tank top and flip flops. I plan on being outside lots today.

..I am going
to take the kids for a walk/bike ride after lunch. We often go for a 3-4km walk and see horsey's and sheep along the way. Andrew rides his bike and Sam and Luke sit in the bike cart. We also pick up cans/bottles that we find in the ditch.

...I am reading
Feminine Appeal (7 virtues of a Godly wife and Mother) It's a book I'm studying with my great friend Amanda. Each chapter is a different virtue. There are questions at the end of each chapter that her and I answer on our own then we get together with our kids and discuss our answers. This book has been a great journey for me and helps me focus on taking care of my husband and kids. It is excellent and I highly recommend it to everyone!

...I am hoping
that I can go for a run tonight. I have a 8km race in less than two weeks. Ken has a meeting so I might just arrange a babysitter.

...I am hearing
Sam ask for cheerios for lunch. It is not going to happen...

...Around the house
just mowed the lawn and whippersnipped, laundry hung on the line, kitchen floor freshly washed.

...One of my favorite things
is tucking the kids in at night, reading to them, saying prayers and kissing them good night

...A few plans for the rest of the week
Tomorrow morning one of our neighbors Sandra and her son and daughter are coming over for a playdate, Thursday morning a playdate with Amanda and three of her boys while we discuss a chapter in our book, Thursday afternoon Ken's class is going on afieldtrip to his parents place where there is an irrigation lake. They are studying wetlands and are going to check things out. I'm taking the boys along with their rubber boots and I'll help Ken's mom serve juice and cookies to the students. Thursday night is Ken's and my datenight when we go for a run together and get a babysitter. Saturday evening we are hosting a year end BBQ for Ken's hockey team so tehre will be 20-30 people in our back yard eating and enjoying a fire in the firepit.














1 comment:

Tyler and Melinda said...

Oh, that was great. I love hearing what you're up to. It makes me feel like I'm right there hanging out with you and the boys.
I hope your race goes well. I can't wait to get back to running again and take Samuel with me. Hopefully Tyler and I will start having date runs as well.