Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Simple Woman #2

Here is a picture thought I am sharing: Andrew and Morgan (see notes below), I will be happy when Andrew starts to smile normal again!

FOR TODAY June 9. 2009

...Outside my window

Cloud's, clouds and clouds. This weather is not very appealing lately. What happened to sunny southern AB? +14 as a high today. Oh well the forecast for the rest of the week looks promising.


...I am thinking

that I have amazing sister in law's that I really connect with. I just got off the phone with Trix, it is pretty neat how we can talk and take care of six little ones between us at the same time. We can change diapers, sort out fights, push kids on the swings, wipe bums, do dishes and even vaccum while talking. Trixie actually vaccummed while we were talking today.


...I am thankful

for my friend Tracy's phone calls everyday, usually in the morning we call each other and discuss our plans for the day. It's great to know that someone cares and wants to hear about some of the mundane tasks we have before us. Laundry, cleaning windows, gardening etc. It also helps motivate me to get going in the day


...From the kitchen

tonight will be tuna melts, homemade bread and a spinich salad. something a little lighter because Ken and I will head out for a big run together later.


....I am wearing

black capri's, a white tank top and a short sleeved grey hoodie and flip flops


...I am creating

this morning we made sock puppets with buttons and yarn for hair. Andrew named his Morgan and Sam's is Tom We even took Morgan for a big bike ride this morning to show the sheep and ponies


...I am going

to make a meal plan for the rest of the month in a bit.It really helps on the budget and keeps me less frazzled around 4pm if I know what I'm making for supper.


...I am reading

lots of kids books lately, trying to help Sam learn to say words better A good one that we took out of the library last week is called "The Elephant that sneezed." It was really fun to read to the kids.


...I am hoping

that Dad and Denise can come out to visit in July. I really miss them and always have lots of fun with them when they are here.


that Mel has a great pregnancy. She is 13 weeks. Horray!


that I can reach my goal in my 8km race this Saturday.


...I am hearing

my bread machine mixing up the dough, Luke clapping his hands and Andrew and Sam playing with their toys.


...Around the house

need to vaccum and wash all the bedding, just waiting for a good day to hang it on the line.


...One of my favorite things

is listening to Luke try to talk lately. There are lots of different sounds coming out of him.


...A few plans for the rest of the week

enjoy the sunshine as much as possible, Sports Day on Friday, race Saturday and not much else is planned yet.



2 comments:

Paul and Tracy Vander Heide said...

I love to read about what is going on in your life. I should give it a try on my blog. I don't seem to find the time to sit, write and think all at the same time while keeping the kids in order. As soon as I am on the phone or the compouter they know that they dont have my full attention

Crystal said...

Welcome to Simple Woman!! I love that you are doing this - it gives me a great glimpse into the tiny pieces of your busy life. Good luck with your run - that's an awesome thing to keep up with 3 little ones underfoot. And your monthly meal plan is something I totally should do too. I'm going to NS to see Mel and Samuel next week - so, so excited to finally hold the little/big guy. I hope your Dad and Denise can come too - being far away is no fun when you have grandkids! Take care!!