Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Simple Woman #4

Our kids fall asleep in the cutest positions. Sam and Andrew spooning on the chair one afternoon last week after playing in the sunshine all day.

FOR TODAY June 30, 2009
Outside my window...
it's cool, cloudy and a bit dreary this morning, only 11 degrees but it's supposed to get sunny and be +25 later.
I am thinking...
that I have the best husband in the world! First he let me go for a run this morning while he dealt with all three kids when they woke up, now he's getting groceries and when he gets back he is taking Andrew and Samuel to Grandma and Grandpa's house to get sort/pile some firewood in one of Dad's barns.

I am thankful for...
three healthly beautiful boys that keep me busy from sun up till sun down. I couldn't imagine wanting to spend life any other way!

From the kitchen...
Tonight is BBQ'd pork chops, potato salad and frozen veggies

I am wearing...
plaid shorts, a green tank top and a green hoodie (Brrrr it's chilly this morning)

I am going...
out for lunch today with Ken's mom, it's part of my birthday present. This is the first time we've done this and I'm so excited. Again, my darling husband will watch the boys while I'm out. And tonight Ken's mom and sisters and I will go out for dessert somewhere. His sister Denise is down from Edmonton for the week so we thought we would get together.

I am reading...
Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson.

I am hoping...
Firstly that The Poppe's (our minister and his family) get to Austrailia safely. They left last night from Calgary with six kids ranging from ages 10months old to 10 years old to visit family for 5 weeks. It would be quite an undertaking travelling with that many kids for such a long period of time. Makes the trip to N.S. seem so easy.

Also that the boys are all good for Grandma and Grandpa and Auntie Ang and Uncle Pete this week. Some sleepovers have been arranged while Ken and I head to the cabin for a few days to celebrate our five year anniversary that's coming up July 17.

I am hearing...
CBC kids on the tv, Sam and Luke playing in the basement and baby potatoes boiling on the stove for my potato salad.

Around the house...
lots of packing and organizing will be taking place today. Hope to mow the lawn and whipper snip as well.

One of my favorite things...
the smell of freshly cut grass
fresh pineapple (my newest addiction)

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Heading to the cabin tomorrow around noon. Ken's got big plans for us to hike a mountain that you can see outside their cabin window. He figures it will take 8-9 hours. I'm quite nervous b/c of bears but he has been researching bear attacks and we plan to make lots of noise and carry Bear spray. He told me last night as we were going to bed what to do if a bear attacks: play dead or fight back depending on the situation. I asked him politely not to talk to me about bear attacks before I go to sleep ever again! We also have a big road ride planned to do on our bikes and we hope to check out Bovie Lake to go swimming and hiking. We have lots of yummy food on the meal plan. We are really excited to get away. I'm wondering how I will do with NO kids for 3 days but I guess we will find out. We are so blessed with family that allows us to get away once and awhile. I know that three boys under 4 is a lot of work so for family to offer to take them when they are busy with their own kids and responsibilities is quite something. Do you ever feel like you just can't express enough how grateful you are? I feel that way alot and for a lot of things. I have a wonderful life filled with wonderful friends and family!

When we arrive back on Saturday morning we will pick up the boys and head to the Annual church picnic for great food and fun games!

2 comments:

Tyler and Melinda said...

Wow, Shell! Have a great time away with Ken. I wouldn't be very happy with the bear stories before bed either. ;)

Crystal said...

Have a great time just the two of you!! 5 years already - I remember it like it was last week. That's what happens with good memories :)) You do sound so happy and content with life. I'm glad you've taken on the Simple Woman project. I don't remember what link I first took to find it online but it was definitely a good one. Looking forward to your next stories and pictures - hopefully minus any about bears!!!