Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Simple Woman #3


A picture thought to share: At 1:10pm exactly a year ago today we were blessed with Baby Luke who has grown up so much in one year and is such a ray of sunshine in our lives. We love you Little Luke and are so thankful for you not just today but each and every day. Happy Birthday!


FOR TODAY June 17


...Outside my window

shingles flying and landing in a big truck, forklift lifting shingles to the roof, sunshine, lots of men busy working on the roof. Funny the boys are sitting on the top bunk in their bunkbeds watching the men work out their bedroom window. In awe watching for almost an hour now.

...I am thinking
that I am so spoiled with love and kind words from family and friends on my birthday: emails, phone calls, mail etc.

...I am thankful for
believe it or not facebook and email, I definately hear from more people from all over the place on my birthday. Technology has it's benefits that's for sure.

...From the kitchen
tonight is leftover spagetti and meatballs and garlic bread/buns. Very easy for my birthday.

...I am wearing
jean shorts and a red tank top and flip flops

...I am going
to Ang's around 11ish with Mel and Simone. We will have lunch there and swim in her pool ALL afternoon while Simone and Luke nap. Horray for sunshine, and horray for sister in laws, and Horray for sister in laws with pools!
...I am reading
nothing, it's sad but true. If these blog posts have taught me anything it's that I need to read more. How do I find the time?

...I am hoping
to get groceries sometime in the next few days.

...I am hearing
lots of banging on the roof. And the telephone just rang, it was Step brother Jamie calling to wish me a Happy Birthday. He is very thoughtful and always seems to get in touch on my birthday. Everytime I am surprised again and again and very happy to hear from him.

...Around the house
need to bake some chocolate chip cookies for the men working on the roof and for some snacks this afternoon at Ang's. I'm actually on the ball this week, lawns mowed and whippersnipped, flowers and shrubs watered, laundry all done and put away, washrooms clean, beds made. It's a great day to celebrate my birthday.

...One of my favorite things
is icecream cake on my birthday. Mom always used to get me a cake from DQ because that's what I requested. My brother would always ask for chocolate cake with boiled frosting on top. She would also often make our favorite meal for us on our birthdays. I can't even remember what my favorite was. Probably pizza, Kevins was always shepards pie. Can you believe it?

...A few plans for the rest of the week
scrapbooking class tonight, groceries, Luke's needles tomorrow afternoon, playdate with Tracy Friday morning, Friday night having some friends over for a fire and for cake and Sunday church and then a big family get together for Father's Day, Burgers and salads and cake to celebrate mine and Luke's b'days as well as Father's Day.


No comments: