Friday, July 2, 2010

Going to Winnipeg.











Last week we had a quick trip to Winnipeg for a Highschool grad. Ken's first ever class that he taught asked him to be their guest speaker at their grad. What an honor. It was so neat going back to where our journey together began. We drove past our old apartments and spent the night with Frank and Shirley Baker who were the people that I lived with when I first moved to Winnipeg. We took Andrew and Isaac with us and left Sam and Luke at Grandma and Grandpa's for a few days. Ken's first students looked the same, just bigger. It was great catching up with them and seeing where they are headed in their future's. Ken did a great job on his speech and I was extremely proud of him! We split the drive up both ways by staying in Regina for a night at a hotel with a pool. Andrew was so happy to be included on our adventure and insisted on pulling the suitcase around the hotel. We also played I Spy with him which was a bit tricky in the prairies. Great times.




1 comment:

Tyler and Melinda said...

That's so neat, and so honouring that Ken was asked to be the guest speaker. I'm sure it brought back lots of memories for both of you.