Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cheap room makeover

This used to be Andrew and Sam's room before we moved them to the basement. Now it's all ready for the baby.
I took old decals and everything off the walls and we started by painting with leftover paint from Andrew and Sam's recently renovated room downstairs.
This is a used glider chair I bought before we had Andrew for $50.
New fabric costs $17.00 and my Sister in Law Mel redid the cushions.
Idea from pinterest, driftwood from the lake by Ken's parents, stamp and ink from my own collection of stamps for scrap booking. Cost $0.
Completed room. The curtains I found at the thrift store for $4.99 for both, and I thought they were perfect and kind of fun. Curtain rod was given to us by friends that didn't need it anymore, crib bedding set is new to us but found on KIJIJI for $30.00. The mobile I made with stuff from home as well. Found the stick at a park one day and I traced all the circles on coordinating scrapbook paper that I already had. Cost $0. I have been told the room is pretty boyish. I was trying really hard to keep it neutral but apparently I am used to going for stuff that's more boyish. Oh well we should have that ugly pink carpet for a few years yet so that suits a girl, right?
I tell you this is totally my hobby, and I love decorating and looking for cheap ideas. This room only cost us approximately $50.00 to decorate and I just used stuff that was easy to find or that we already had.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

The room looks great! My favourite is the driftwood that you stamped on - very nice! And the bathrooms look great too. We are going to have to do something with ours soon, especially the flooring. Thanks for the inspiration to get the job going!