Monday, January 23, 2012

The Things Kids Say 2011

January 2011
Andrew to Mom: I was coughing lots the other night but then it stopped. I guess my cough went for a travel.
(instead of it went away)
Andrew to Mom: Mom I love you so much, like from one end of the Superstore to the other end. That's how much.
Andrew doing Show and Share at Kindergarten (lego snowmobile)
As he holds it up in front of the class:
A: "this is my snowmobile made out of lego" (quickly puts it away)
teacher: " Andrew, can you tell us more about it, like how long did it take you to make it?"
A: "like one minute"
teacher: " what else can you tell us?"
A: "nothing"
Sam at supper one night when I was forcing him to eat his supper.
S: "Mom, I want a different mommy."
Mom: " that makes me sad, God chose me to be your mommy out of all the mommy's out there."
S: "well how about I have two mommy's then?"
February 2011
As I read a book to Andrew about Zaccheus.
Mom: " Zaccheus, the tax collector was a rich man, a short man, a curious man who wanted to see Jesus. Because even though Zaccheus was very rich, he was also very lonely.
A: " Mom, I'm like Zaccheus."
Mom: "why, your not lonely and your not rich?"
A: " but I'm short."
March 2011
Sam to Isaac
S: " Baby Isaac your my best hero!"
April 2011
While laying in bed with Andrew, Sam and Luke one morning.
Mom: " do you guys hear the birds singing?"
S: "yea, I think they are singing twinkle twinkle little star."
Sam after smelling flowers Daddy brought home for Mommy.
S: " yummy they smell like pancakes."
(his favorite thing in the world)
Andrew: " Mom, I'll tell you why I like days that I stay home better than school days, because then I get to play with my brothers."
May 2011
The kids were playing church in the playroom. Sam was the minister and they were singing the hymn twinkle twinkle little star.
life lesson about girls.
mom: "you guys are never, ever, ever to hit a girl. Girls are way more fragile than boys. Do you know what fragile means?"
S: "girls are more friendly?"
Mom: " Luke, you are so cute!"
Luke: " no I not, I a people."
June 2011
Ken reading the story Bible to the kids after supper.
Daddy: " The lord appeared to Soloman in a dream. God said " ask for anything you want..." Solomon said, " Lord, you have made me king. But I don't want to carry out my duties. Give me a heart that understands." The Lord was pleased and said "I will give you a wise heart."
Daddy: "Sam, if you could ask God for one thing what would it be?"
Sam:" I'd ask God to help me climb the biggest tree ever."
July 2011
Sam while showing me a McDonalds toy.
S: " Mom, do you know where I got this toy from?"
Mom: " no Sam, I have no idea where, do you know?"
S:" from Old mac Donald's."
On daddy's class field trip to Writing On Stone I took Andrew and Sam and we saw a deer.
Andrew to Aunty Ang: " Kevin should shoot that deer." (Cousin Kevin loves to hunt.)
Aunty Ang: " we can't shoot all the deer Andrew, then people wouldn't be able to look at it."
Andrew: " they could come and look at it in your garage."
Getting ready for church we made the boys pee before we left.
Daddy: " did you guys pee already?"
Andrew:" yup, we all peed at the same time so we could save time."
(they all peed in the same toilet at the same time, the three oldest.)
August 2011
While camping we encouraged the boys to pee outside or in the lake.
Sam was unsure about peeing in the water but decided to give it a try. He quickly ran into the water waist deep, pulled down his swim trunks, held onto it to direct it even though it was underwater and shook it. Promptly pulled up his swim trunks and grinned ear to ear.
Sadly it looks like this was the last conversation's I took notes on so from August till January I must've kept super busy with other things. I loved doing this and when I came across these conversations in a scribbler the other day I just knew I had to put them on the blog and start writing things down again. Stay tuned for more conversations with Luke in 2012.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you kept notes on the funny things the boys said - what a great memory for years down the road! Hetti

The Vanleeuwen's said...

Love that I always say I'm going to do that but I don't maybe I should start:) I love the conversation whne he wants a new mom, smartie pants!