Before #1
We moved Andrew and Sam to the basement recently and plan to use their old room for the baby. The move involved a lot of work and planning since the basement has never been finished since we moved in. It had carpet and was painted a pinkish color but no baseboards, or trim work had been done. Everyday of the last two weeks I could be heard saying "we want to finish the boys room today" and we still have a few finishing touches to complete, like curtains and filling in the two empty frames on the gallery wall. Other than those few minor details the boys are nicely settled into their new room.

Before #2
These three little ones all took a turn helping Daddy paint. They also could be seen throughout the whole process helping out and asking lots of questions.
Daddy worked so hard and learned lots while working on this room. Here he was doing the electrician part.
After.
We bought and painted all the baseboards and Ken cut them to fit. He also made the cabinet door that now covers the electrical panel box and he made the wall hooks for the boys to hang their backpacks on.
We bought the wardrobe at Canadian Tire since the room didn't have a closet and Ken assembled that too as well as the cube shelves. We painted all three doors white to brighten things up. One door to the playroom, one to the storage room and one to the furnace room.
Here is my incomplete gallery wall. I can't decide what to put in that big frame in the middle and the little frame on the left has had 8 coats of paint and is still pink thanks to the red that it was originally. I have a picture for it but am still trying to get the color right. I added some of the kids artwork and had some really cute pictures blown up that Auntie Mel took a year ago at her house. All the frames I bought at the thrift store and spray painted white. And the printed sign on the top right is a Bible text about brothers that I used my scrap booking stamp letters to print out.
I got a few ideas off of pinterest and just revamped some of them to suit us. Ken laminated this map for me and built the frame out of old pallets that came from my dear brother in law- Pete.
Before #2
These three little ones all took a turn helping Daddy paint. They also could be seen throughout the whole process helping out and asking lots of questions.
Anyways, we as usual, had a blast working on this together and learned lots. Another project complete. Thanks to my wonderful husband for all of his hard work on his Christmas break and for doing all these little side projects that I had dreamt up.
4 comments:
Looks even better in real life and I envy your ideas to try new things and get it done...My poor boys still have white walls.
Good group effort by you all!
Wow the room looks awsome! Your boys must just love it! As well my poor Tristin is sleeping in his sisters old room in which the walls are pink and purple! All in good time.
Oh also love the idea of a picture a week I was thinking to do the same!!! But have yet to decide if I want to do everyday a picture or just 1 a week and then journal.
Looks great Shelley! Good job!
Post a Comment