This week we are starting to study Women of The Bible at our women's Bible Study Group. So I've been reading about Eve. I've only read the first chapter and I have learned so much already and thought about things I haven't thought about before. I'm just going to quote something from the book that got me thinking..."Eve was lonely and had a difficult time during childbirth. Being the first woman on earth she had no mother, no sister, no friend who could share her feelings. There was no one to go to for advice, no other woman who could help her with the delivery. And what a strange experience, to become a mother when you have never been a child yourself. What do you do with a child?"
This just made me so grateful for all of my friends, my sister in laws, my mother in law, my step mother and for Nannie. I couldn't imagine life without all of these special women. And to be a mother who was never a child would be so hard. So much of who I am as a mother is because of how I was raised as a child and by the example those around me set by being such great mothers. I'm really excited to study and learn more.
I started scrap booking again last week after a year break. I'm so behind but very excited to get going again. I've done a lot of layouts but haven't done the journelling for all of them yet. Some of these things have been on my To Do lists for quite some time but since we've been kind of hibernating lately I've tackled a few of them.


Something else on the To Do list for a few months now was a date night with Ken. So we went out for a nice dinner at the Keg last weekend. It was so nice to just chat without interruptions and to remember favorite pastimes together and to plan out our summer which should be fun filled and busy! I think we clean up pretty nice, minus the grey hairs starting to pop through and the wrinkles(laugh lines) that are starting to appear more and more.
I also bought these letters a few months ago and finally painted them last week. All of the boys have their names painted and hanging on their bedroom walls. It feels so great to get some of these things checked off my to do lists.
So that's what I've been busy with.
So that's what I've been busy with.
No comments:
Post a Comment