- nice crisp fresh air while I shovelled the driveway this morning.
- friendly neighbors. I actually spent more time waving this morning then shovelling.
- a Women's Bible Study group of 30+ women where we can learn about the Bible, share with each other and encourage each other.
- currently quiet time while three little boys play lego on the kitchen table.
- a reassuring phonecall from the school principal regarding Sam and his speech
- a loving husband who listens to me vent and then takes charge to make things better
- my bootcamp class with a bunch of great women who are very encouraging
- yummy cheese nachos for a nighttime snack
- lunch with sister in law Ang at my house
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Gratitude Wednesday.
I had a great friend Julie who was in my wedding party, that gave me a gratitude journal after I lost my mom. You are supposed to write in it the things you are grateful for. What a surprise, that journal was written in a few times and left to collect dust on a bookshelf somewhere. I keep thinking about it and about my friend Melinda's blog, and her mom's blog, and how they take time to make note of the beautiful things and the simple things around them. I have decided to make Wednesday my Gratitude day. I'm hoping when I'm feeling discouraged I can read my list or write these things down and my spirits can be lifted up again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome to the gratitude community!! It's such an amazing way to see God working in our lives and it always helps me put aside worrying and leave it all with Him. You should read the book One Thousand Gifts - A Dare to Live Fully by Ann Voskamp. She writes eloquently about giving thanks and counting the gifts.
Great list, Shelley. You'll really enjoy doing it, and you'll notice more of the good around you than the bad. It helps me to slow down and to enjoy instead of rushing and worrying about the next thing. Looking forward to reading your list and sharing with you the joy of our gracious God as you write it down.
Post a Comment