Sunday, May 3, 2015

April 2015

April has been a super busy month filled with so much fun with friends and family and school events!
The school had a language arts fair. Andrew had to pick his favorite book, dress up as a character, design a poster board to put on display, write a summary of the book and describe his character out loud to any passersby that pushed his button on his poster.. He was Anakin from Star Wars. I was proud of him and nervous for him. He hasn't really done any public speaking up to this point, especially in front of adults but he did a great job!

Our first autism awareness day! We all dressed in blue! We also had lots of family and friends wear blue to show support as well. It was great!
 
Sam at the language arts fair made a book report/portfolio type booklet to put on display. He's quite artistic and creative.


I don't have a picture of what Luke did for the fair so I took a picture of him playing with his sweet little classmate while I checked out his playdoh sculptures and book report.

Sam's class also did a live recital of an entire Dr. Suess book which was super. They used lots of expression while presenting it. That's Sam's shy look. He tends to smirk like that when he catches his mom trying to take pictures of him!
 
We made a quick roadtrip to Coaldale for Easter weekend to catch up with family and friends.
Andrew and Noah

Isaac and cousin Brad.

Jessie and Emma.
hot tub party.

Just like old times Tracy and I got up early and did a couple runs together. Sure miss her!
 
Ken bought a new bike so we had a date night in Devon checking out a few trails.


Look out...old lady coming thru. Not nearly as adventurous as I used to be.

We watched this guy come out of the river and hang out for a bit.

Icebergs. We are a bit eager for Spring!
We finally bought a tramp. Takes up our whole green patch of grass but we are hoping it's a good investment and keeps the kids entertained.

All Done.

I took Emma along on one of Isaac's field trips. Bugs and Butterflies.

They actually held and patted a tarantula spider.
 
oops..."mommy there was sand in my boot."

" Emma turned three."

new dolly, stroller, books, a tutu were some of her gifts.

Emma..." Mommy it's my happy birthday and I'm ten."

Had some friends over for cake.

Our 11 annual girls shopping trip to Calgary. It was strange driving from Edmonton this year instead of from Coaldale.

Tuckered out!
Went for a family walk with Dwayne and Trixie and the kids to a local bird sanctuary.
I'm not sure how quiet we were.

 
Isaac's got it figured out!

Isaac also had a field trip to LZ trampoline, a huge trampoline gym. This is his buddy Luke from his class. The two of them together are hilarious.
 
Spring concert was fabulous!
 
 
We had a whirlwind visit from the Vanderheides for a quick overnight. The kids loved it and so did us adults. It was Paul's 39th b'day.


Paul being a kid still.
Paul in the lead on a skateboard and Isaac and Emma chasing him.

whew what a month of great memories....

No comments: