This is where we caught the Pictou ferry to PEI for one week. Just us Leffers in a cottage by the sea!
Here comes our ride.
The view from our cottage.
Our beach. So beautiful!!! Thunder Cove Beach.
The kids checking it out.
Here's our perfect little cottage.
We even had a special guest all the way from AB stay a night with us.
Beautiful even when the sun wasn't out.
Boo! Guess who?
We could sit on our deck and watch this view all of the time. It still makes me relaxed looking at it.
I went running most mornings while we were away. The smells and views were just so different from here. I loved it!! While in PEI I mostly ran on the beach. Can't beat that.
Had some famous Cows icecream.
The 3 oldest each got a jack knife so they spent lots of time whittling sticks.
A+ for creativity Ken my dear.
I took the 3 oldest out to a Celidah (kay-lee) where local musical talent get together weekly and perform. It was a definite highlight for me.
We went out to a seafood restaurant. The kids loved their fish and chips and orange pop.
And I loved my lobster.
Lots of family walks. The 3 oldest even went for a few runs with me.
Cliff jumping and rolling in the sand.
This was really neat to check out and was hanging on the wall at our cottage.
Our last night there the kids got to stay up late and had glowsticks at the fire. Best $5 I ever spent. We played hide and seek with the glowsticks for over an hour.
We crossed the confederation bridge coming back from PEI. 13 km bridge. The next day 34 swimmers swam across next to the bridge all the way to pei for charity. Bucket list for Ken maybe?
Beach findings.
Story here: Sam and Andrew wrote letters in a bottle and threw them into the ocean. We are hoping to hear back someday from someone. I did this when I was in grade 6 from our cottage and a 27 year old coast guard in pei found mine and wrote me back. It travelled from NS to PEI. I'm hoping at least one of them will hear back.
Perfect picture to show our holidays.
I was really excited to see so many lighthouses. Unfortunately there is conflict with the government and they aren't being restored or taken care of. I hope something changes. They are so beautiful and unique.
We had such a great time in PEI. It was Ken's idea to take a holiday as a family to PEI for a week. He researched and found the perfect little cottage. A rest for me was much needed already after a week in NS after all the excitement of visiting with family and friends. I was wiped. So we rested up and enjoyed our time together and then headed back to NS for another week of adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment