Ken did a super job planning my birthday again this year. My husband spoils me.
1st on the list was going to Park Lake in the morning for a bike ride with the kids.
I'll have you know that Ken also offered to haul Emma and Isaac and their 60 pounds of weight but I wanted to. We did trade bikes after awhile when I realized it was a bit of an undertaking especially on the grass and bumpy trail.
Pretty Happy!
It was such a beautiful morning.
The next thing he had planned was for Tracy and her boys and Trish and her 3 boys and 2 girls to meet us there to play soccer and play at the playground.
Next up a wiener roast and marshmallow roast.
Buddies.
The birthday boy(5) and girl (37).
Tracy and I showed the boys some of our skills too. Were they impressed? Probably not!
We weren't prepared to swim but the temptation was just too strong for the kids. We looked like a little colony or something. All those boys in their denim shorts and the girls in their pink underwear. I don't mean Tracy,Trish and I in pink undies....I mean Trish's girls.
For a week or so Emma was really cranky. this was her pouty face that she had on a lot of the time. We are happy to say that her smiles are back.
We headed home late afternoon and that night we had family and a few friends for a fire. The most wonderful thing about it all was that I didn't have to do anything. Ken planned it all and asked others to bring cake, drinks, appetizers etc. Like I said before...I'm pretty spoiled. Ken also made me a homemade card and gave me money to spend at the mall.
No comments:
Post a Comment