Monday, October 8, 2012

Crafting Zone

 Hard at work while Emma and Isaac nap.
 In case you can't tell it's a owl sitting on a branch with leaves and a yellow moon in the background.
 After I let go of my controlling, micro managing approach I let the kids pick the colors they wanted as well as leaf shapes.
 It's neat to see their different ideas and I need to embrace that more when crafting with them.
 This craft was a bit more challenging but Luke kept up no problem. These are trees with Fall leaves on them and in front of the blue is a clear sandwich bag with more cut out leaves in it. When they shake it, leaves fall from the tree to the ground.
Next up is our Fall tree on the window. The leaves were cut out of coffee filters and colored, then they sprayed the leaves with a spray bottle so the color would run. Ta Da.
This is my door wreath I designed, which is currently getting soaked in the rain. It's all fabric scraps that I had, and the wreath I had from Christmas a few years back. I purchased it at the thrift store. All I had to do was buy the letter L and paint it. 
I am not so creative that I came up with all this stuff on my own. Thanks and credit goes to Pinterest for great ideas that you can revamp and make your own with what you have in your house.
I think we spent about 6 hours in total crafting while Ken was at the teachers convention for 3 days.


No comments: