




Well the long awaited day arrived and Andrew started hockey. He has been anxiously waiting to start hockey for weeks/months. Ken took him hockey gear shopping in August and he was so excited to show his hockey stuff to anyone and everyone that came by. One day awhile ago I caught him trying his stuff on for the millionth time and he said he just wanted to make sure it still fit him. We had to laugh.
Ken went along with him on the ice to practice and Papa was here from NS to watch from the stands and take pictures for me.
It was good for Andrew to play with the big kids, so he could be humbled. He was quite confident in his abilities when he practiced street hockey with Papa earlier in the week.
So another milestone for us, our first son playing hockey. Hard to believe this is happening already, it seems like just yesterday he was a little baby being cuddled in our arms. I guess I am a hockey mom now and this is just the beginning...3 more boys to go.
2 comments:
WOW what can I say Shelly you are going to be busy! Is that even possible? But the kids love it and it's crazy your little guy skates already, have fun..ang
Yeah! Go Andrew! That's so great, and I'm sure there will be many years of hand-me-down skates and equipment to come. I think you're going to love being a hockey mom.
Post a Comment