Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Simple Woman #10

A picture thought....

The boys at Parent Preschool. Sam is the giraffe and Andrew is a crocodile.

FOR TODAY November 17, 2009

...Outside my window
Dark. It was a nice day +10 or so. Thankfully the 70km/hr winds they fore casted didn't hit as of yet.

...I am thinking
that life sure is a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. One minute I'm hearing someones great news and the next minute I'm hearing of someone struggling. While I'm home taking care of my kids I spend my day thinking of people I care about and the things they are going through.
...I am thankful for
3 healthy loving boys, an amazing husband, a healthy pregnancy, for neighbor friends of ours that we have gotten close to in the last year or so, for a phone call from Nannie tonight, for a pep talk from my Dad, for my cousin Daniel and his wife who have just welcomed their first child into the world.
...From the kitchen
tonight was homemade bread, homemade applesauce and a chicken casserole
..I am wearing
pajama bottoms and a black maternity shirt
...I am going
to bed in an hour or so.
...I am reading
Acts 15 in my Bible shortly. I have Bible study tomorrow morning.
...I am hoping
that tomorrow morning when I drop Sam of to preschool that it is not a big display of him throwing a tantrum again.
...I am hearing
the lovely sound of my dishwasher washing my dishes and other than that total silence which is refreshing. Kids are in bed and Ken has parent teacher interviews tonight.
..Around the house
things are good. Laundry is done, meal plan done, lunches are made for tomorrow. Everything is good to go for another day.
...One of my favorite things
watching Andrew and Sam ride their bikes and race when we are out for a walk. They insist that their bikes are dirt bikes and make sound effects everywhere we go. Andrew loves to do "popo wheelies" It is so neat watching them grow up and play together.
...A few plans for the rest of the week
Weds. preschool and Bible Study
Thurs. Ken's birthday, Doctors appt. babysitting for a friend
Fri. Sam's hearing test appt., babysitting for another friend, Our school's annual fundraiser night "The Bazaar"
Sat. Having friend's Paul and Tracy over for a steak dinner.
Sun. Church

1 comment:

Tyler and Melinda said...

I love catching up on your days. You are one busy lady with three little ones, plus all the activities you do in a day. Going for a run and out to the park are my day to day accomplishments, but I do love being a mom.
I can't believe how big the boys are, playing with their "dirt" bikes with sound effects. Ah, it goes so fast. Sending big hugs your way.