Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Simple Woman # 5

FOR TODAY August 5, 2009

...Outside my window
rainy, wet and dreary and more of the same to come over the next few days.

...I am thinking
that the boys sure went to bed good tonight. Ken is gone camping shopping so I put all three to bed at the same time on my own.

...I am thankful for
the excitement around home these days. The word is now out that Ken and I are expecting in February. The boys are really excited. Andrew is already talking about coming to the hospital to see the baby and when we were shopping today he kept wanting to buy things for the baby.

...From the kitchen
Tonight we had shake n bake chicken, fresh green beans, baby potatoes and homemade apple sauce.

...I am wearing
Black stretchy capris and a black and white striped shirt.

...I am going
to make a fruit cobbler in a few minutes for friends of ours that just had a baby

...I am reading
Just finished The Book of Negroes in record time for me (2.5 weeks)

...I am hoping
that wherever we end up going camping next week is fun and that the weather is good

...I am hearing
total peace and quiet. Not used to that.

...Around the house
Just organizing for camping, sorted thru my maternity clothes today, dropped a garbage bag of assorted clothes off at the thrift store. Seriously where does all this stuff come from? There always seems to be more to get rid of.

...One of my favorite things
is having Ken home and enjoying the big breakfast's he makes every other day. Today was pancakes, bacon and eggs. I also enjoy keeping it down this pregnancy. In the past, this wasn't always the case.

...A few plans for the rest of the week
The boys are getting haircuts from their Aunty Ang tomorrow and on Friday they are getting their pictures done. Mostly we are just getting ready to go camping for a week on Monday. The weather hasn't been great to do much else.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

You guys are rockin' the summer!! How great that you are all having fun and lots of adventures. Way to go on the triathalon, Ken!

How exciting to be planning for a new baby!! I really hope you have a little girl - it's time to change things up a bit! But mostly I pray that you and babe are strong and healthy through the next months. Congratulations!!!

Tyler and Melinda said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting. It sounds like you're feeling a little better with this pregnancy. We're praying for you, babe and your boys.

Have fun camping. I love that you are so adventurous with your family. You're motivating us to get out and do things, and hopefully camping will be in the our plans next summer.