
Horray! Ken and I ran in our first 5km race together. In the last few years when I wasn't pregnant I've been running and have competed in a few races. I absolutely love it! So I've been running since the middle of September around 18-20km a week! I mentioned to Ken that I wanted to do this race awhile ago and he said he wouldn't mind doing it with me. So 2 weeks before the race Ken decided he should probably start running. He is in pretty good shape as it is, playing hockey, floor hockey and lifting weights etc. but this was something different.
I am very pleased to say that I beat Ken by 1/2 a second. We actually weren't competing against each other this is just how our times are displayed on the results. We crossed the finish line together and holding hands at that. Awwww...

I love my husband sooo much and I'm so glad that we did this together!

Women aged 30-39 - I placed 3 out of 31 women.
There were 158 women in the race and I placed 11.
Overall 240 people ran in the race and I was 31/240.
I had a set goal in mind and beat it by 1 minute! Can't wait for the next one!
2 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging!!! You are going to love it - the pictures, the record of day to day stuff and the link it provides to family and friends. I'm sure your NS family is loving the chance to hear about every day with the kids.
Congrats on the race and your awesome results :)) Still such a competitor, aren't you?!!
I'll be back to visit often. Take care!!
Look at you! Three boys, including a five month old and you're back into running and racing, and looking fantastic. I love running with Tyler. He's even running slow with me a few days a week, just so we can go out together.
And, I love that you're blogging and we get to stay a little more connected with you guys.
Post a Comment