Monday, May 20, 2013

Emma turns One!

 Opening presents.
 Emma got a dolly and stroller from us. I have to admit it was pretty fun shopping for her birthday.
 Sunshine Cake for our sunshine girl.
 yummy!
All decked out in her blingy stuff!

Height: 28.5inches
Weight:23lb 7oz
Who: Grandma and Grandpa, Aunty Ang, Tara Lee, Andi, Aunty Den, Curtis, Kelsey, Aunty Tracy, Seth, Isaiah, Jesse, Aunty Mel, Simone, Shawna, Bradley  and Jason
What: Emma got a stroller and doll, dress, Minnie Mouse, money, pink bunny, piggy bank, clothes, play necklaces.
Goody bags were a box of smarties and sticker books

Emma @ 1:

  • is quite active, she is a real go-getter and only has 1 nap a day for an hour to an hour and a half
  • she sleeps thru the night 7:30pm-7am
  • loves her brothers and loves playing with them
  • she naturally plays with her dolly patting her hair and pushing her in the stroller, she also combs her hair with a play hairbrush. Just like that she does girl things without being taught by her brothers. 
  • she also loves boy things and makes car noises and plays train with Isaac (when he is willing to give 1 of his trains up)
  • she is a mama's girl and likes to be held a lot which is a hard thing to do in this busy house especially with her weighing 24 pounds.
  • she has had 3 hair cuts by Aunty Ang and a bang trim by me
  • she has the cutest hair. It has lightened up a lot since she was born, she has bangs and it grows naturally into a bob. 
  • I have been very blessed with lots of hand-me downs from Aunty Trixie and others but I still manage to pick up some cute things for her at the thrift store which is so much fun. Aunty Tracy seems to have fun finding things for her too.
  • she gets attention wherever we go and she loves it. She nuzzles her head into me when people talk to her and acts all shy.
  • I'm sure she thinks her name is "cute" and not Emma.
  • doesn't eat super great. I try to feed her supper and she shakes her head no and often grabs the fork/spoon from me and spills food everywhere. This doesn't make mommy very happy. If she doesn't like the texture of it she will spit it out. We had a battle not long ago with pineapple...she won. The same piece went in and out of her mouth at least 10 times before I gave up.
  • she already puts her play phone to her ear and babbles.
  • We also caught her "reading" her books in her crib the other day. She turns the pages, points and babbles away. It is so cute!
  • she has been nicknamed "lobster" by me because she pinches so hard when I go to put her down when she doesn't want to be put down. She also pulls hair. Feisty girl.
  • she is also a real Daddy's girl who lays in bed with him every morning and drinks her bottle.
  • she loves the swings especially Auntie Mel's
  • is very girly and squeals with delight a lot
  • is getting closer to walking, she will stand on her own for a few seconds but then gets so excited that she flaps her arms and falls over.
  • is super flexible which has caused some alarm, but now she has seen a specialist and we've been told that everything is fine, she is just more flexible then some kids.
  • she fits right into our family but I have to admit some days I'm still in shock that we have a girl. I still sometimes check on her before bed and think "wow, a girl!"

1 comment:

Marie-Louise said...

Happy birthday to your little girl! I bet it was fun to finally buy something girly for a birthday present :)