Boy, I'm really starting to miss you guys.
Although, this morning I feel so refreshed. 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep, read my book for awhile, took Isaac for a walk while Emma slept...sigh...house is clean, laundry done and most of the projects I wanted to do are done as well. A few days break was great but I'm ready to welcome you all back with open arms. It's too quiet here and as nice as it is to not be running around feeling like my head's been chopped off, I'm a little lost without the commotion.
I miss your excitement and stories, I miss your hugs, I miss tucking you in at night, I miss the sound of you laughing and playing, I miss reading books with you, I miss making supper and eating together at a very lively table and so many more things. There are quite a few things I enjoyed a break from but that's all a part of being a busy mom and doing my job.
So here's my list of things I accomplished while you were away:
- Isaac's pictures taken at Sears
- bought Andrew and Sam new runners for school
- bought Daddy new shirts for school
- mowed lawn
- whipper snipped lawn
- deadheaded flower pots
- swept sand and leaves out from under the deck
- totlot with Emma and Isaac
- 4 loads of laundry
- uninterrupted phone calls out east to Nana/Papa, Nannie and Uncle Kevin
- rollerblading at Hendersen Park with Isaac and Emma
- made a lasagna at 10pm
- cleaned the house
- sorted through closet and ditched a garbage bag full of stuff
- baked cookies
- baked cinnamon buns
- read a book
- entered all outstanding receipts in the budget
- picked beans at Grandma's garden and blanched them
- bought a new kitchen table off of Kijiji and went to Nobleford with Grandpa to pick it up in a mighty wicked storm
- went to Auntie Tracy's, helped process applesauce with her
- Auntie Tracy came for a visit
- Home Depot to pick up supplies for laminate flooring
- Wendy's for lunch with Isaac and Emma
- Duties at Auntie Den's place while she's away
- welcomed Nana and Papa
- made a list of goals for the Fall
A few more things likely happened in between the busy-ness but I accomplished a lot.
I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures too and I hope to jot some of them down. Now enjoy your last day and come home safely to your wife/mama/brother and sister.
Love Shelley
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment