Friday, July 27, 2012

Our "don't waste a minute" Waterton Getaway

We biked from the townsite out to the park entrance and back on the scenic trail, 16km.
This biking trail has some of the best views and landscape in the whole park.
The happy couple celebrating 8 years marriage.
The sights and smells were divine.
Hubby up ahead.
I pulled Emma one way and Ken the way back. It was hot. Thankfully we didn't have to pull Isaac this time.

After a picnic lunch we climbed Bear's hump. Boy we are out of shape.
The view of the town. Isn't it stunning?

Along side the paved road that you see is where we biked.

Daddy and his precious girl!
We spotted a bear as we were leaving. What a perfect day! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Shelley ! Great pics :) If I had a day "off", I don't think I'd get off a couch ! You're so full of energy ! And Emma is so cute ... she looks like some of your other boys, just in a girly way - isn't it fun to have a girl ? Hope all is well !
Trish MacKay

Marie-Louise said...

It really looks like you didn't waste a minute! What a fun getaway, the pictures are beautiful too. And Emma sure is a cutie pie!

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so ambitious with biking and hiking. Reminds me totally of the Greens! And I agree - how nice to have that cabin to getaway to - and I know G & G loved having the boys :)

the tenhaafs said...

Dont you just love little getaways:) looks like yous did waste a second:) Looks like yous enjoyed yourselfs:)

Tyler and Melinda said...

Looks like fun. Maybe we'll join you one year for a hike or ride. Malachi is just starting to enjoy being in the stroller. We got a double Chariot, so I'm hoping we can get both boys in there soon, although it will be quite a load. Great photos of your trip and your beautiful girl.