Well....I've been attempting to potty train Samuel since Friday. I had a plan, a great plan....Andrew went to Aunty Mel's for the day, I had Luke's naps planned out for the day, every thing was going to be perfect and I would have one less kid's diapers to change by the end of the day.
To make a long story short my attempt hasn't been successful and I'm mostly to blame. I'm contemplating giving up due to my frustration with the whole process.
Firstly, I didn't read the book ("How to Potty Train in less than a day") I use as a guideline thoroughly enough before starting. Now after an accident has occured I quickly look through the book for advice. I'm being very reactive versus proactive. The book also focuses on being very positive and encouraging throughout the process and that requires A LOT of patience which is hard to have when you have two other young kids to care for. At this moment I'm not feeling very positive. Luke's really sick, Mommy is sick, Andrew's feeling neglected and Daddy...well Daddy jsut wants this to be done and feel's potty training shouldn't be one of his duties.
Looks like I have to cut this short, Luke just woke up and is crying, Samuel just peed in his underwear in the living room and my stomach is turning. Please pray that my next attempt is more successful!
Oh yes...and the title....everytime we mention the potty to Sam he screams NO!
2 comments:
Oh man, sounds like a bit of a rough weekend. I hope you guys are all feeling better soon, and the next attempt is more successful. It does look like Sam is enjoying his treat.
That's so disappointing, Shelley. Don't be too hard on yourself, though. There's no harm it leaving it for a couple of months!
Amanda
Post a Comment